Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's official-I'm a blogger

I have secretly been stalking the word of blogs for about 3 years now. When we first got married I thought I might start one in order to keep out of town family members up to date with our lives. Then I realized we were boring and most updates could be covered in a phone call.

After giving birth to our first child, Caleb, who was stillborn at 38 weeks, my world literally flipped upside down. I had never encountered grief before in such a powerful way. It has been 6 months since my son died and there have been so many twists and turns along this grief journey. I want to chronicle my grief for 1)myself, to reflect back on 2) others who are in my shoes - Since loosing Caleb, life has been so isolating and the one refuge I have found are other bloggers who have experienced the same thing. If I can help someone with my story of grief and healing like they have helped me, it will be worth it. 3) My friends- Death has put a divide between many of my friends and myself  and in an effort to let them into a little  corner of my world, I want to share this blog with them.

Its strange, having been a devoted Catholic to the New Evangelization, I was accustomed to bringing Christ to people through my faith journey. God can use all things and I have a prompting from the Holy Spirit that now I might have the chance to bring people to Christ through my grief journey. Enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment